Follows my first attempt to record a demo video of ACW running, camstudio has been used however results, as you can see, are pretty poor, especially quality, so, if you have any better suggestion, please comment below.
I’ve just released Advanced Clock Widget 0.7 on the Market. New version has a lot of changes, first of all a completely rewritten configuration screen which should be now better readable especially thanks to the new Color picker dialog. Following features have also been added:
- Text effects for clock (right now, just drop shadow and reflection, but more will come in the feature) and more customizable colors (you can have hours and minutes with different color now)
- External font support, now the widget is able to scan your phone and SD for custom fonts and use them (beta)
- Save / Restore settings (beta, pro only) allows you to store on SD widget config for only one instance right now (it means that if you have 2 widgets on screen you can save only one config)
- Custom area text (beta, pro only), now you can freely edit text areas and customize them as you prefer using widget parser data, so now you can write areas like “Today is Monday and my battery is 50%!”
- Small bug fixes, better rendering engine
There is much more to come but sadly its not stable enough, next releases will probably see:
- Configuration locking mechanism (free and pro) in order to avoid acidentally entering configuration, i will use a notification for this so you won’t change settings anymore when device is in your pocket.
- More sizes and more templates, support for 2×1 and 4×2 is already there but i need to create some templates and that’s not easy
- More text customization like custom padding
- Better templates with “overlapping” text (so you will be able to have very long areas upon clock)
That’s all for now, enjoy the widget and give it 5 stars if you want to support
New release is out with first support for custom fonts. Widget will let you pick them from fonts avilable system wide and builtins. I will add a third party package scan in next releases to find even more fonts.
Some small optimization as also been done like App list sorting and manual weather option. From release 0.6 rendering engine is changed making a lot of new things possible (glow, reflection, scaling, overlapping and more). Still there any many things ongoing, currently my priority list is:
- Custom areas for pro version
- Export / Import settings
- 2×1 widget and (maybe) 1×4 that could be nice
- Lock function
- Weather update on tap (pro)
- Text effects (glow / reflection)